Amazing GranolaFrom wmhaynes 7 years ago
- INGREDIENTS - Liquid shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or maple flavored syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vanilla shopping list
- INGREDIENTS - Dry shopping list
- 6 cups uncooked regular oats shopping list
- 2 cups wheat germ shopping list
- 1/2 cup raw cashews shopping list
- 1 cup raw seeds (including pumpkin, sunflower, or sesame) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds shopping list
- 1 cup dry sliced coconut shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- INGREDIENTS - dried fruit shopping list
- 3 cups of your favorite dried fruits shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together liquid ingredients and brown sugar in a large wok or pot over low heat and let all ingredients melt together. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine all other dry ingredients except the dried fruit. Once the liquid is all melted, turn off the heat and stir in the dry mixture, until evenly coated.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes in a high sided greased cookie sheet (or two), stirring every 5 - 10 minutes to avoid clumping and allowing it to cook evenly. After it finishes cooking, let it cool completely, add in dried fruit and store in airtight container. Makes approximately 3 quarts of Granola.
- Please modify this recipe to your taste. Feel free to substitute any nuts that you prefer and use the dried fruit that you love! Enjoy!