Spicy Butterfly ShrimpFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 24 shrimp, fresh shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 2 cups of water, to cook shrimp shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 12 slices bacon shopping list
- 4 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Place 2 cups of water, lemon juice and salt into a pot.
- Bring to a boil and then add shrimp.
- Simmer until shrimp are pink, about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and cover with ice water to chill.
- Drain again and remove the legs and peel the shells from the shrimp.
- Butterfly shrimp; Slice the shrimp down the back, almost to the tail, and remove the vein from each.
- Rinse the shrimp well and pat them dry.
- Spinkle baking soda over the shrimp, let stand 30 minutes. This makes the shrimp crisp when baked.
- To make the sauce, add the oil, ketchup and tomato paste to a saucepan and cook over medium heat while stirring.
- After about 1-2 minutes, add 1 cup of water, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, salt and sugar to the sauce.
- Blend cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of water and stir into sauce.
- Cook until thick, about 1 minute.
- Cut bacon strips into halves and wrap each half around each shrimp and secure with a toothpick.
- Set oven to broil.
- Arrange shrimp on a baking sheet, with sides, and brush with melted butter.
- Place the baking sheet about 3 inches from the heat and broil 5 minutes until brown.
- Turn and brush again with butter, and broil another 5 minutes until brown.
- Transfer shrimp to a platter, pour sauce into a serving dish and place in middle of platter for dipping.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!