Walnut Cream with Chocolate SauceFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot shopping list
- 3/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons kirsch shopping list
- 1 cup butter softened shopping list
- 2 cups walnuts toasted and chopped fine shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Line a soufflé dish with plastic wrap letting excess extend over edge then set aside.
- Combine yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, flour and arrowroot in medium saucepan then whisk in cream, milk and kirsch.
- Place over medium heat and whisk constantly until completely cooled.
- Beat butter and remaining sugar together in medium bowl until light and fluffy.
- Fold in walnuts and cooled yolk mixture then turn into mold.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and unmold.
- Serve immediately with chocolate sauce.
- For chocolate sauce melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat then reduce heat and whisk in cocoa and sugar.
- Gradually add cream stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and heated through.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating2 people
Wow, what a great mousse recipe! I'll definitely be trying this soon. I have yet to give up on new desserts and anything with walnuts and chocolate in it has to be just great! Thanks for posting it. Happy New Year!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
Sounds dead luscious.pieplate in Claremont loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!