Dutch Speculaas Spice CookiesFrom dvisscher 9 years ago
- 3 c flour (all purpose) shopping list
- 1 c granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 c brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tsp cloves (less if you prefer) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ginger shopping list
- 1 tbsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 eggs (+1 egg white for brushing on top) shopping list
- 1 c butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 c sliced natural almonds shopping list
- raw sugar for sprinkling shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter for 30 seconds.
- Add both sugars, beat to combine.
- Add egs and blend.
- Combine all dry ingredients (except almonds and raw sugar) and add to butter mixture.
- Mix by hand ( I usually blend it all together with my hands--it seems to turn out best).
- Press into greased jelly roll pan (will be fairly thin).
- Brush egg white over top with pastry brush. Sprinkle almonds and press down slightly.
- Sprinkle raw sugar over all.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.