Wisconsin Beer Cheese SoupFrom cheieren 9 years ago
- 2 - 12 oz. Cans of any Lite beer (preferably Miller) shopping list
- 16 Slices of bacon (about 1 lb) shopping list
- 3/4 to 1 Cup finely Diced onion shopping list
- 1 Cup minced celery shopping list
- 1 Cup Chopped carrot shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Minced sweet red pepper ( I like to do 1/2 Red & 1/2 yellow pepper) shopping list
- 2 - 10 1/2 Ounce Cans chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 Cup flour shopping list
- 2 Cups Half & Half (You can use Lite) shopping list
- 6 Cups Shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- salt & pepper to Taste shopping list
How to make it
- Open up Beers and let stand while cutting up your Veggies.
- Saute Bacon until nice & Crisp. Drain (reserving 4 tbsp. of drippings) Crumble Bacon and set aside.
- In Large Soup Kettle, saute the vegetables in reserved Bacon drippings. Cook until veggies are nice & tender
- Slowly add the Chicken Broth to Kettle, stirring continually
- Add 1 1/2 can of Beer, continue to stir
- Bring to a boil then reduce to low heat
- Pour remaining Beer into mixing bowl and whisk in flour.
- Gradually add to broth, stirring constantly till thick.
- Add half & half, Bacon & cheese. Heat until cheese melts.
- Stir in Sugar & add Salt & pepper to taste
The Cookcheieren Hendersonville, NC
The Rating2 people
Use Shiner Bock, I love this beer for cooking-and drinking. I also added Red Potatoes and Broccoli- Tastes Great.mightycacy in Canyon loved it
I just made this soup tonight. It is awsome! I added broccoli and taters to it. Put them in with the beer and stock befor the rue. The only suggestion I have is dont skinp on the salt and add garlic. Lots of garlic! Oh, and I used a can of Busw...moremrsarcher in Hawthorne loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!