Chocolate Cake With Cream Cheese IcingFrom breslins 6 years ago
- 4 oz Bakers chocolate shopping list
- 1 cup Sifted unsweetened cocoa shopping list
- 11/2 cup boiling water shopping list
- ½ cup canola oil shopping list
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 ¼ tea spoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 ¼ tea spoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tea spoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup butter Softened shopping list
- 1 ¼ cup White sugar shopping list
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tea spoon vanilla shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 6 oz milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 8 oz package cream cheese shopping list
- 4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl, melt Bakers Chocolate in boiling water, mixing with wire whisk until smooth. Let Cool!
- Sift flour with soda, salt, Cocoa and baking powder
- Grease well and lightly flour three 9 by 1 1/2 inch layer-cake pans.
- In large bowl, mix at high speed, butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla, scraping bowl occasionally until light-about 5 mins.
- Slowly add flour mix and chocolate and water
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Divide evenly into pans- Bake 25 to 30 mins.
- Frosting Directions
- Have all ingredients at room temperature. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave oven.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy
- Pour melted chocolate into cream cheese and mix on medium speed until well blended. Add vanilla and pinch of salt. Slowly mix in the confectioners sugar.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and increase mixer speed to medium-high. Slowly add evaporated milk until the frosting is spreading consistency.
The Cookbreslins Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!