Swedish Butter CookiesFrom recipediva 8 years ago
How to make it
- Measure and sift flour, again, measure and sift again.
- Set this aside.
- Cream butter with mixer really well, add sugar SLOWLY & keep creaming until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add sifted flour small amount at a time. Mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla
- Divide dough into 2 batches.
- Shape each batch into a long roll about 12 inches & 1 ½ in diameter.
- Chill overnight.
- Before baking take the rolls out 20 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On un-greased cookie sheet or sheet lined with parchment paper (which I use)
- Slice cookies very thin 1/4" thin or less, if you cut this thicker it is more like shortbread, both ways are wonderful. I prefer thin.
- Bake these on 400 degrees for ONLY 4-5 minutes tops!
- These are not to brown.
- They may brown a bit on edges that is ok, don’t let all the cookie brown. I watch them very carefully so they don't brown at all. But if edges
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating1 people
Great butter cookie post. gets my 5 forks, Lucycardinal54 in Cuthbert loved it