Curried Beef And OnionsFrom pointsevenout 9 years ago
- 1# flank steak, trimmed shopping list
- 2t vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4t salt shopping list
- 1/4t black pepper shopping list
- 1T fresh ginger, peeled, grated shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced shopping list
- 2c onion, vertically sliced shopping list
- 1T curry powder shopping list
- 1t ground coriander shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1/2c yogurt, plain, low-fat shopping list
- 2c hot cooked basamatti rice shopping list
- cilantro sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare basmati rice and keep warm.
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain in thin slices.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak, and saute 3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add ginger, garlic, and jalapeno; saute 1 minute. Add onion, curry, and coriander; saute 4 minutes. Add tomato, saute for 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Stir in yougurt. Serve over rice. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Serving size 1 cup steak mixture and 1/2 cup rice; 408 calories; 30% from fat.
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
The Rating5 people
I like the ginger and garlic. Delicious sounding and a good use of flank steak to me.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
yummy i love curriesminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
maybelline in hot springs loved it