Vegan Korova CookiesFrom bittersweet 5 years ago
- 1 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 Cup + 3 Tablespoons margarine shopping list
- 2/3 Cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 Cup Granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 5 Ounces bittersweet chocolate, Chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Begin by beating the margarine in your stand mixer just to soften it up a bit, and then cream in both sugars, salt, and vanilla, mixing until creamy and fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, and baking powder, and slowly sift these dry ingredients into the mixer. Stir on a low speed until just combined, and toss in the chocolate chunks. Again, mix very little in order to simple distribute the chocolate, but manipulate the dough as little as possible. It should still seem rather dry and crumbly.
- Divide the dough into two lumps, press them together gently to form two logs, and wrap them up in plastic wrap. Place them in the fridge to chill for at least one hour.
- Once thoroughly chilled, go ahead preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- Slice the cookie logs into 1/4 inch rounds- Don’t worry if you mush them into strange oval shapes, as you can easily reform them with your hands after placing them on the prepared baking sheets. Be sure to give the cookies plenty of room to breathe, since it should be no problem fitting them all on both sheets with lots of space between each.
- Bake them for 12 - 14 minutes, and although they will not look completely done, they will no longer be so shiny on top and appear to have firmed around the edges.
- Leave the cookies on the sheet to cool so that they can finish cooking and solidifying. This will leave you with a delightfully soft and chewy cookie!