KOZY SHACK RICE PUDDINGFrom henrie 6 years ago
How to make it
- Bring the water and salt to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Stir in the rice and return to a boil. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low, and cook until all of the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Check the pot occasionally and stir to prevent the rice from sticking.
- Slowly stir 3 1/2 cups of the cream into the rice and stir gently over low heat until the cream is incorporated (make sure it does not boil). Remove the pan from the heat.
- Whip the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on high until light yellow and thick. Beat a little hot cream into the eggs, then stir this egg mixture into the rice until it's blended throughout.
- Return the pudding to the heat and stir gently until it has thickened. It's very important not to let the mixture boil at this stage, as excess heat can curdle the eggs.
- Remove the pudding from the heat and immediately stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of cream and the vanilla. Transfer the pudding to a heatproof bowl and let it cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Lay a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface (this prevents a skin from forming on top) and refrigerate the pudding until it's cold. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating4 people
Anything from Juniors is sure to be a hit!!! I LOVE THEIR CHEESECAKE! Yumm.. cant wait to try this!cgendy in Manalapan loved it
I made this recipe and it is wonderful! A bit time-consuming with the low heat cooking, but I was able to leave it on a very low setting and not have to stir it constantly, and it did not stick to the pot at all. Everyone that tasted the pudding sa...moremsgenie516 in Nesconset loved it
i just made this today and it is delicious! it is very creamy and full of flavor. i did add just a bit more rice and water. i used a good basmati rice and sprinkled the top with cinnamon. definitely not for those on a low fat diet! yummy!!!!sunshine45 in lutherville loved it