Marinated CheeseFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons minced onion shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste, about 1/2 teaspoon to start shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 block sharp cheddar cheese, cut into thick slices, 1/4-inch thick shopping list
- 1 block pepper jack cheese, cut into thick slices, 1/4-inch thick shopping list
How to make it
- Combine oil, vinegar, parsley, onion, sugar, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake well.
- Stand cheese slices upright in a shallow dish.
- Pour marinade over cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer cheese slices to a serving platter.
- Spoon some of the marinade over cheese.
- Garnish with parsley if desired and serve with assorted crackers.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
The Rating2 people
Believe it or not, I have a jar of a similar recipe using cream cheese cut in cubes that has been in my fridge 5 years... it will be interesting to see what it tastes like - hope the oil hasn't gone rancid or something. A high 5!whuebl in Annapolis loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!