Liver And Sour CreamFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- liver with sour cream shopping list
- 2 1/2 pounds liver (calf, pork or beef), sliced shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 cup beef stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dill, freshly chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unbleached white flour shopping list
- kosher salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Wash, pat dry, and sprinkle each piece of liver with salt and pepper.
- Dredge in flour, fry on each side in butter and remove.
- Sauté the onions until golden brown and then layer both liver and onions in a deep pot.
- Deglaze the pan with beef stock, stir well and add the sour cream, stir, then add to the liver and onions.
- Mix well and cover. Cook slowly over low-heat for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, stir well, re-cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove liver from pot, arrange on individual plates and pour sauce over the slices.
- Sprinkle with the dill. This is very good when served with boiled or fried potatoes or rice.