Vanilla Chocolate WafersFrom pinkpasta 8 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour, plus more for work space shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 14 tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flour and salt into medium bowl; set aside. Put butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, 2 - 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Reduce speed to low. Mix in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture; mix until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Remove half of dough; set aside. Add cocoa powder to remaining dough; mix on low speed until well combined. Turn out chocolate dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Roll into a 10-inch log, about 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Repeat with reserved vanilla dough. Wrap each log in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until slightly firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Press handle of a long wooden spoon into side of chocolate log, making an indention into it's length. Roll handle into and then away from log, creating an apostrophe shape. Repeat with vanilla log. Fit logs together; press lightly to seal.Gently roll into a 2 inch diameter log. Wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut log into 1/4-inch-thick rounds; space 1-inch apart on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If dough becomes too soft to slice cleanly, return to freezer until firm.
- Bake until firm to touch; 10 - 12 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; let cool. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers in room temperature up to 3 days.
- ** I have not yet made this recipe, so I had to make a guess on the 'prep time'.
The Cookpinkpasta Upstate, SC
The Rating4 people
Just saw this one. I am looking for this type of cookie to put with my holiday list to bake. Can't wait to try, you got my "5". Ruthielittlemissey in loved it
Yummers Pink!! Got my five * * * * *! :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Neat, what a great idea. Now I can look like a really fancy baker LOL Another great recipe, thanks for sharing. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it