Dutch Apple CakeFrom ravenseyes 6 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 tsps. baking poder shopping list
- 4 Tbsps. white sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 8 tbsps. butter shopping list
- 8 cups cored, peeled and sliced apples shopping list
- 2 tbsps lemon juice shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar (white or brown) shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
How to make it
- Peel, core and slice your apples, place in a bowl of cold water with the lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
- Sift together all dry ingredients, add butter, mixed with your hands or with a pastry blender.
- Beat your egg until fluffy and add milk, slowly add to the dry ingredients. Beat to make a soft cake like mixer.
- Spread into a 9" x13" pan. Drain the apples taking away as much of the water as you can and place on top of the spread.
- In medium size bowl work your butter, sugar, salt and flour into a pebble size crumble. Sprinkle over top of the apples and bake in Preheated oven at 375 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown - (here in lay a challenge - my grandmother never ever wrote down pan sizes or cooking times - so you kind of have to play around with it) Serve with a huge scoop of Ice cream - Yummmo
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
- Not added to any groups yet!