Dessert Magic Ice Cream Angel Food CakeFrom cherihannah 7 years ago
- 10 in. angel food cake shopping list
- 1 quart stawberry ice cream,softened shopping list
- 2 cups peach ice cream,softened shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract shopping list
- 2 kiwi fruit,sliced shopping list
- 6 whole srawberries shopping list
How to make it
- Freeze store-wrapped cake until firm-2 hours or overnight
- remove from freezer and unwrap
- Insert wooden picks into cake into four layers.
- Using a large serrated knife, slice cake horizontally into four layers
- On a large flat plate or a small wooden board, place bottom layer of cake.
- Using a rubber spatula,spread with 2 cups strawberry ice cream, just to edge of the cake
- Top with second cake layer;spread with peach ice cream
- Top with third cake layer; spread with remaining strawberry ice cream
- Top with 4th layer, aligning cake layers
- Wrap in plasic wrap or freezer wrap
- Freeze overnight or several hours until cake is very firm
- About 1 hour before serving cake; in the chilled bowl of an electric mixer, combine heavy cream, confectioner's sugar and almond extract
- At high speed,beat until stiff peaks form when beater is raised
- Unwrap fozen cake and transfer to a serving plate
- Spread about 3/4's of whipped cream on top and side of cake
- Fill pastry bag fitted with a 1/2 in. star tip with remaining whipped cream.
- Pipe rosettes of cream decoratively on top of cake.
- Garnish with fruit just before cutting into wedges to serve
- Makes 12 servings
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookcherihannah Shickshinny, PA
The Rating4 people
Yummmmmy! And cool... it's so hot here still!linebb956 in La Feria loved it