Chicken Artichoke and Rice CasseroleFrom pointsevenout 5 years ago
- 2T olive oil, divided shopping list
- 12 chicken thighs, skinned shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3c onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2c uncooked long-grain rice shopping list
- 3c chicken broth, fat-fre, less-sodium shopping list
- 1c dry white wine shopping list
- 1T rubbed sage shopping list
- 1T dried thyme shopping list
- 1t salt shopping list
- 1/2t freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 (10oz) package frozen green peas shopping list
- 2c plum tomato, diced shopping list
- 1 (9oz) package frozen artichoke hearts shopping list
- 3/4c bottled roasted red bell peppers, cut into thin strips. Or you can make your own which will extend the prep time. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook 7 minutes oneach side or until lightly browned.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in an oven-proof dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and rice; cook until rice is lightly browned (about 15 minutes), stirring frequently. Add broth and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Add chicken mixture to dutch oven; top with peas, tomato, and artichoke hearts. Cover and bake at 400* for 50 minutes. Add roasted peppers; gently fluff mixture with 2 large forks.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh and 1 cup rice mixture; 311 calories; 20% from fat.