Creamed Corn With BaconFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 4 ears corn shopping list
- 4 slices thick sliced bacon shopping list
- 1 large bunch scallions shopping list
- 2/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Boil corn in boiling water and simmer 4 minutes.
- Transfer corn to ice water to stop cooking.
- Drain and cut kernels from cobs.
- Cut bacon into 1/8” strips.
- In a heavy skillet cook bacon over moderate heat stirring occasionally until browned and transfer to paper towels to drain.
- In a heavy saucepan simmer cream, water and lemon juice with bacon, scallions and butter stirring 1 minute.
- Add corn, salt and pepper and cook until liquid is slightly thickened.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!