Honey Garlic Ginger ChickenFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken pieces (breast halves and thighs) shopping list
- ¾ cup honey shopping list
- ¾ cup low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons ketchup shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root shopping list
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve juice) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- ¼ cup cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook chicken just until browned on all sides. Place in a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger, and reserved pineapple juice. Pour into the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook 4 hours on HI. Remove chicken.
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl.
- Blend the cornstarch mixture into remaining sauce in the slow cooker to thicken.
- Serve sauce over the chicken, rice and broccoli, allowing it to soak in.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating3 people
On A Budget559 members
Sweet Tooth446 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Party Food316 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Ginger Lovers48 members