Tuna on ToastFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons corn starch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 6 ounce can solid water packed albacore tuna drained and broken into small chunks shopping list
- 1 hard boiled egg finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup cooked frozen peas shopping list
- bread of any kind or English muffins toasted shopping list
How to make it
- In a microwave safe 6 cup container add 1-1/2 cups of milk and butter.
- Place in microwave and cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Do not allow milk to boil.
- Place corn starch in a small bowl and add remaining 1/2 cup cold milk then mix until smooth.
- Add to warm milk and stir with a wire whisk.
- Cook milk mixture in the microwave on high for 1 minute and stir.
- Remove from microwave and add tuna.
- Continue cooking on high until thickened stirring 2 or 3 times.
- Add peas and finely chopped egg then pour over toast or English muffin.