Creme BruleeFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Bring the cream and milk to a boil with the vanilla bean.
- Remove from the heat, and let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat together the egg yolks and sugar.
- Begin to add some of the milk mixture to the bowl, mixing well. Continue until all the milk has been combined with the egg mixture. Pour this mixture through a fine strainer, and into 4 individual ramekin dishes.
- Place these dishes carefully on a baking sheet, and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until almost firm.
- Cool to room temperature, and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle some additional sugar on top, and either broil or use a kitchen torch to caramelize the sugar. Serve.
- The surface will crisp up as the sugar cools.
People Who Like This Dish 32
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating13 people
so easy and yummm!iffyo in loved it
I made this for my Valentine and it was so delicious and easy. Thank you for sharing:)janelegant in Twinsburg loved it
It's all good! :)noir in Boston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!