Chocolate Covered Cherry CookiesFrom henrie 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teapsoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 (16 oz) jar maraschino cherries (about 48) shopping list
- 1 (6oz.) package semisweet chocolate pieces shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and soda. In mixer bowl beat together butter and sugar on low speed of electric mixer till fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; beat till well lended.
- Shape dough into one inch balls, place on ungreased cookie sheets. Press down center of dough with thumb. Drain maraschino cherries, reserving juice. Place a cherry in the center of each cookie. In small saucepan combine chocolate pieces and sweetened condensed milk; heat till chocolate is melted. Stir in 4 teaspoons of cherry juice. Spoon about 1 teaspoon frosting over each cherry, spreading to co er cherry. (Frosting maybe thinned with additional cherry juice if necessary.) Bake in a 350* oven about 10 minutes or till done. Remove to wire rack and cool.
- Makes 48 cookies.