Yucca Root Fries with Mojo SauceFrom stoneyusmc 7 years ago
- Mojo Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 6 large cloves garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice and 1/4 cup lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste shopping list
- Fried Yucca: shopping list
- 1 large Yucca Root ~ 1 Lb shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- Mojo sauce
- Heat a 1 quart saucepan for 15 seconds
- Add the olive oil and heat for 10 seconds over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 20 seconds or until it starts to get lightly golden.
- Do not let the garlic brown , or the sauce will become bitter.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a rolling boil. be careful sauce may steam.
- Cook for three minutes.
- remove from heat , adjust seasoning if needed and chill until ready to serve with Yucca or on top of veggies, meats , or fish.
- Fried Yucca
- Peel the Yucca and slice it in half lengthwise.
- Remove the stringy core in the center.
- Cut each half crosswise into 2-inch lengths.
- Place the big chunks of Yucca into a 2 quart pot of salted water and cook over medium heat covered until the pieces are tender ~ 30 minutes.
- Drain on a cloth towel and cool.
- When ready to fry, add enough oil to a 1-quart sauce pan or deep fryer to make depth of at least one inch..
- Heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Cut Yucca into 2-inch by 1/2 inch sticks.
- Pat dry and add salt to the hot oil.
- Add no more than 5 to 6 sticks at a time as oil bubbles up and Temps will drop if too many sticks are added at one time.
- Fry until golden,
- drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Eat as is or with the Mojo sauce for dipping.
The Cookstoneyusmc Quantico, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!