Avocado QuesadillasFrom sunny 9 years ago
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon tabasco or hot sauce sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 4 (6- to 7-inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup coarsely grated monterey jack cheese shopping list
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (for garnish) shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl stir together tomatoes, avocado, onion, lemon juice and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper. In another small bowl stir together sour cream and cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat broiler. Put tortillas on a large baking sheet and brush tops with oil. Broil tortillas on a rack set 2 to 4 inches from heat until pale golden. Turn tortillas and broil until other sides are pale golden. Sprinkle tortillas evenly with cheese and broil until cheese is melted and bubbling. Spread avocado mixture evenly over tortillas and top each with 1 of remaining tortillas, cheese side down, to make 2 quesadillas. Transfer quesadillas to a cutting board and cut each into 4 wedges.