Chocolate Mousse Napoleons With Strawberries And CreamFrom annieamie 8 years ago
- 1/2 package Pepperidge Farm frozen puff pastry Sheet shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces, melted and cooled shopping list
- ( I use bittersweet chocolate chips.) shopping list
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate melted and cooled shopping list
- 2 cups whipped topping or sweetened whipped cream (see below) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries (bananas are great, too!) shopping list
- Optional: powdered sugar for dusting finished napoleon shopping list
- *Sweetened cream recipe: 1 cup of heavy cream, 2 TB of sugar, shopping list
- and 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract. Whip this all together until stiff. This makes 2 cups of cream! shopping list
- Alternative dessert options: shopping list
- Use bananas, blueberries (fresh not frozen), mangos and follow the recipe as shown. shopping list
- You can use a vanilla mousse, too! Add one small box of instant vanilla pudding to 2 cups of whole milk and beat until firm. I use the sugar-free instant pudding and its great! Use this instead of the chocolate mousse. You can actually fold this into one cup of heavy cream that has been whipped for a "moussier" texture. shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold the pastry sheet and cut along the three fold marks into 3 long strips.
- Cut each strip into six small rectangles.
- Place each rectangle on to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and let cool on a rack.
- Beat the cream and cinnamon in mixer until stiff. Fold in the 1 cup of melted and cooled chocolate.
- With a good knife, slip the blade between each pastry and split into two layers. Don't squeeze the pastry or it will crumble. Be gentle!
- Separate your layers of pastry into three groups of 12 layers each.
- Spread the chocolate cream or mousse layer on one layer,
- Top each one with another layer of pastry.
- Then top with the plain whipped cream or sweetened cream and then add a layer of strawberries.
- Top with another layer of pastry.
- Using the 1/2 cup of melted chocolate, drizzle the last layer of pastry with the chocolate lightly making strips or a design if you wish.
- You can now sprinkle with powdered sugar if you wish.
- This picture was borrowed from Pepperidgefarms.com. They have some great recipes there! This is one of them and this is a tried and true recipe!
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating3 people
wow ive never thought to use chocolate mousse! you really do make desserts your own and thats really great. Thanks for sharing out of the box ideas :]ragnarokx23 in San Jose loved it
This is a great posting and the picture is incredible as all of your recipes.When baking the puff pastry strips does it puff too much.And if does what should I do???ahmed1 in Cairo loved it