Beef DonburiFrom grifter1 7 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked short-medium grain rice or 2-3 cups hot cooked rice shopping list
- 1/2lb beef round (sliced very thin) shopping list
- 1/4-1/2lb snap peas (or green beans) in bite sized pieces shopping list
- 2tbsp dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1tbsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup dashi shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2-3 green onions (or scallions) sliced thin shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice if uncooked according to your favorite method
- Mix soy sauces, dashi and sugar in small pot, bring to a simmer
- Add beef and pea pods (or other green vegetable) to simmering liquid. Simmer 5 minutes or until beef is cooked through
- Add green onion to beef mixture and simmer 1-2 minutes
- Add beaten egg in slow stream to simmering mixture, scattering it all over the surface of the pot
- Let egg cook until edges just set, make sure egg doesn't cook completely
- Put rice into large deep bowls (or one very large bowl) and pour egg/beef/liquid mixture over hot rice. Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookgrifter1 Albany, NY
The Rating2 people
Donburi is a family favorite and so easy to make. I LOVE Japanese food and this is their comfort food. I make it a lot with chicken, but any meat can be substituted here. It's so easy too! Not to mention healthy.
httpmom in San Francisco Bay Area loved it
I love Japanese & Korean food. When I was pregnant, they were the only foods I could eat.
good Recipe!!auntiekahala in Kaneohe, HI/Petoskey, MI loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!