Zuppa ToscanaFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 4 Links italian sausage (Spicy or Mild) shopping list
- 1 Medium onion, Finely Diced shopping list
- 3 Strips Of bacon, Chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, Peeled And Minced shopping list
- 2 Medium potatoes. Peeled And Cut Into Large Dice shopping list
- 2 to 3 Cups Of Chopped Greens shopping list
- salt & pepper To Taste shopping list
- half Cup heavy cream shopping list
- 4 Cups chicken broth shopping list
- parmesan cheese To Serve shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the bacon in a heavy pan until crisp.
- Remove to another dish, leaving the bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the sausage links, and cook over medium heat until browned well on all sides.
- Add ½ cup of water, cover, and cook another 10 minutes over medium low heat or until completely cooked.
- Remove the sausages to a plate, and cook the onions in the same pan until translucent.
- Add the garlic, and cook another minute or two.
- In a large soup or stockpot, add the chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cut the sausage links into ½ inch sklices, and then add these to the stockpot.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then add the kale (greens of your choice) and bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper, and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove a little of the potato from the pot, and place it in a bowl. Mash the potato together with the cream, and then add this mixture to the pot, mixing well.
- Serve hot, offering a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
I'm making this tonight- I'll let you know what we think! Thanks for the post~ Hollyhollymayb in Baltimore loved it
We loooved this! We also fought over the leftovers :p I used hot italian sausage, new (baby) red & gold potatoes and added a fresh bay leaf and a couple sprigs of rosemary (to the saute stage) because we love herbs. We'll be making this many many ti...morehollymayb in Baltimore loved it
I love Zuppa Toscana! Thanks for sharing this, it will be a regular in my house! ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it