Lemon and Herb Roasted PotatoesFrom cyates798 8 years ago
- 12 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered shopping list
- 2-3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 6 teaspoons minced garlic (about 6 cloves) shopping list
- 4-5 whole lemons shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening, (needs to be cubed so, I'd use stick shortening) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes in a large, deep baking dish.
- Brush lightly with olive oil, pour chicken broth in the pan, add the juice of 3 lemons and top of with water about 1cm deep.
- Season the potatoes with salt, pepper, oregano and minced garlic.
- Cut shortening in 1/2-in. by 1/2-in. cubes and distribute evenly amongst potatoes.
- Cover pan with foil and place in oven at 375 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Uncover the potatoes and broil for a short while to brown and crisp them as desired.
- Squeeze a lemon or two over them.
- NOTE: You can substitute chicken broth with vegetable broth if preferred.
The Cookcyates798 Odessa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!