Creamy Potato Leek SoupFrom g_whizz 10 years ago
- 6 potatos, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2 leeks, trimmed and chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 TBS butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 Tsp salt shopping list
- 2 cans chicken broth. (4 Cups) shopping list
- 1 TBS "Better than Bullion" chicken base shopping list
- 2 C Half and Half shopping list
- 1/2 C sour cream shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan or stock pot, sweat leeks and garlic in butter or margarine and salt until soft.
- Add chicken broth, base and potatos and bring to boil, cook until potatos are soft.
- Remove from heat, stir in Half and Half and sour cream.
- Blend soup with immersion blender until smooth and creamy.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.