Crepes With Chocolate SauceFrom marisab 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup water, lukewarm shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- For the chocolate sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup Confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl combine flour, salt, sugar, vanilla, eggs, and half of the milk.
- Whisk lightly until the batter is smooth.
- Add the remaining milk, and the water, a little at the time, whisking to avoid lumps.
- Use a non-stick skillet, heat on medium-high. Lightly grease the pan with the butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter in the pan. Tilt the pan in all direction to coat the whole bottom. Cook for less then a minute, shaking the pan in order to keep the crêpe loose. Flip the crêpe, cook for half a minute and remove from pan.
- For the chocolate sauce: Combine chocolate chips and butter in the top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring often, until chocolate melts. Remove from heat. Add confectioners' sugar, corn syrup, water, and vanilla, and stir until smooth.