Special Adzuki Bean SoupFrom pink 7 years ago
- Soak 3 cups of beans in a large pot of cold water for 24 hours or overnight. Drain. shopping list
- - Add 2 quarts of cold water with the beans to the pot and bring to a boil. shopping list
- - Drain the beans, then add 2 quarts of fresh cold water again. shopping list
- - Simmer for 30 minutes, then add 2 Tbsp. of cumin and 1 tsp. white pepper. shopping list
- - In a frying pan, sauté the following ingredients in 1 Tbsp. of olive oil until tender: shopping list
- - 2 diced carrots shopping list
- - 2 Tbsp. of finely chopped fresh ginger shopping list
- - 3 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- - 1 large, finely chopped sweet onion shopping list
How to make it
- - Add the ingredients to the soup, then cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until beans are cooked through.
- - During the last 15 minutes only, add sea salt to taste. (Adding the salt any earlier will harden the beans.)
- - Just before serving, add juice of 1 fresh lime and 3 Tbsp. of fresh cilantro.
- Bon appetite!
- Adzuki beans are growing in popularity. They can be found at health food stores and a growing number of gourmet food markets.
- Eat this soup at least once a week for best results. This is also a great diuretic and women need this at least once a month. Great under eye brightener...and what women doesn't want to get rid of dark circles?
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookpink USA
The Rating4 people
Thanks for such great information. Have you heard of the health benefits that are in Dashi broth alone? when it has Miso in it.. I will find the article and mail it to your inbox if you like.invisiblechef in loved it
wow this is great.. I like that kidney cleasing part you got my ^5 thanksmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
This is great!smooch in America loved it