Bacon Cheddar Beer Soup in Bread BowlsFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- bacon Cheddar beer Soup in bread Bowls shopping list
- 1/4 lb. smoked bacon finely chopped shopping list
- 1 medium red onion cut into 1/4 in. pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely sliced celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots shopping list
- 3 TB all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups whole milk shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 12 oz. grated white cheddar or sharp cheddar shopping list
- 3 dashes Tabasco shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup beer, room temperature shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 TB thinly sliced chives shopping list
How to make it
- Cut up the onions, celery, carrots and bacon.
- make the bread bowls ahead of time,
- Once the bread bowls are done, cook the bacon in a medium to large soup pot, with a little oil to get things going.
- Once the bacon has cooked down a bit but not browned, add the onions, celery and carrots and cook until the onion is translucent and bacon is brown and crispy.
- Add the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes until the floury taste is gone. Slowly add in the milk and stock, whisking well to make sure there are no lumps.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- remove from heat, and stir in the cheese, Tabasco, Worcestershire, and beer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut holes in the bread bowls.
- Ladle in the bacon cheddar beer soup.
- let sit for a bit to soak up the soup.
- Sprinkle with chives or green onions.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating11 people
One of the family favorties. We love soup in bread bowls. This is awesome and so flavorful. The beer isn't overwhelming. It just adds a little something. YUM!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Yum! Bookmarked. Thank you!canzi in San Diego loved it
I made this today, double the bacon, and used white cheddar. SO GOOD! Thanks so much. :)canzi in San Diego loved it