Swiss MushroomsFrom jaie 7 years ago
- 6 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup sherry shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- In a wide frying pan ovr medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they are soft and the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in sherry, nutmeg and pepper.
- Continue stirring for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into a 1-1/2 quart casserole or baking dish.
- Let cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and then paprika.
- (You may refrigerate, covered, at this point until ready to use. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly)
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!