Pork Medallions In Mushroom Wine SauceFrom upstatevoyager 6 years ago
- 2 to 3 pork tenderloins shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- 2 shallots, mined shopping list
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Trim pork tenderloins of any silver-skin and any excess fat.
- Cut tenderloins into 2 inch thick slices.
- Press medallions with palm of hand to flatten slightly.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- In batches, sear meat on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter and a pinch of salt to skillet.
- Add shallot and mushrooms and saute until tender and liquid evaporates.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and sprinkle with flour.
- Stir over heat until bubbly.
- Add wine and cook until almost evaporated.
- Add broth. Cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream and parsley.
- Return pork to skillet.
- Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Arrange on serving platter and spoon sauce over.