Scallops in Red Wine Sauce over PastaFrom upstatevoyager 9 years ago
- 2 sweet onions, minced (I use a little less) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 8 ounces clam juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 pound sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced shopping list
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta (about 1 pound) shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, saute onion and garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute or until bubbly.
- Add wine, clam juice, capers, thyme and oregano.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking, until thickened.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add scallops and simmer over low heat 5 minutes or until opaque.
- Stir in butter and parsley.
- Serve over pasta.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!