Fast And Easy Swiss-roll CakeFrom hollyeats 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a large greaseless bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- While still beating, add the sugar tablespoon by tablespoon.
- Continue to beat while adding the yolks one by one.
- Add the salt and flour and continue to beat only until combined.
- Spread immediately evenly in a parchment-lined cooky pan with raised edges.
- Cover loosely with foil (it should not touch the batter) and bake in lower part of oven for 10 minutes only.
- While baking, prepare a large clean tea towel by spreading it on a flat surface and sprinkling it lightly with powdered sugar.
- Remove foil and brown for 2 further minutes. Don't let it get too brown!
- Turn hot cake out onto tea towel and pull off the parchment paper gently.
- Roll the towel up loosely and allow the cake to cool in this rolled position.
- When cool, unroll and fill with any of the following:
- Lemon curd, chocolate cream, whipped cream and fresh fruit, sweetened cream cheese or Chantilly cream, chopped cherries and nuts in vanilla filling, etc. etc.
- Chill until serving; slice in about 1 1/2" slices and turn onto plate to serve.
People Who Like This Dish 23
The Cookhollyeats Shaftesbury, UK
The Rating6 people
O boy...doesn't this sound just great. I love swiss rolls coz u can do so much with them. great post.vindee in Gurgaon loved it
I made this today. Except I added 2 tbls. of cocoa in with the flour. Next time I think I'll add 4. I made a filling with 2 pkg. of Dream Whip, 2 tbls. cocoa and 3/4 cup skim milk. This is really good and perfect for someone like me who's watching ca...moremichelle73 in Melville loved it
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. Its just perfect for the holidays!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it