Pots de Creme Au ChocolatFrom hollyeats 8 years ago
- 2 medium eggs shopping list
- 6 oz. semi-sweet real chocolate chips shopping list
- (If you want to be even more decadent, use 6 oz. broken bittersweet European chocolate instead, like I do) shopping list
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. orange liqueur, brandy or dark rum shopping list
- 1 tsp. powdered instant espresso shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk (use full-fat, NOT reduced-fat) shopping list
How to make it
- In a heatproof container, heat milk in microwave until just under boiling point, 60-90 seconds depending on your microwave-- set aside.
- Into a blender, break the eggs and add everything else but milk.
- Turn on the blender and, as it begins to chop, add the hot milk in a steady stream.
- Cover and blend at high speed for 1-2 minutes more, or until creamy and smooth.
- Divide equally between 6 custard cups or, even more elegant, clear heat-proof glasses (wide glass teacups are great for this).
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Decorate with a garnish of whipped cream (and candied violets, if desired).