Orange ChickenFrom sunny 8 years ago
- 3 to 4 pounds chicken breasts - skin removed shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger shopping list
- dash hot pepper sauce shopping list
- 1 orange, unpeeled, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet; brown chicken. Drain off excess oil.
- Combine barbecue sauce and flour; stirring until smooth. Add orange juice, brown sugar, ginger, and pepper sauce. Pour over the chicken. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add orange slices and simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes longer or until chicken is tender. Arrange chicken with orange slices on a serving platter; Pass the extra sauce.