Old Fashioned Sponge ToffeeFrom crocwoman 7 years ago
How to make it
- Combine sugar, syrup and vinegar in large sauce pan.
- Stir over med. heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Continue to cook to 300F(hard crack stage).
- Remove from heat,stir in baking soda quickly (will become frothy)
- Pour into a buttered pan.
- Cool and break into pieces.
The Cookcrocwoman Saskatoon, CA
The Rating4 people
WOW NEVER HAD ITburgandy26 in loved it
i havn't tried this yet but I don't think i will. i found a better one that explains more on how to do it. the address to this recipe is canadianliving.com/.../sponge_toffee and you should find it. I'm dying to try it.rapala10 in Vanderhoof loved it
oh sorry the address to the other recipe is canadianliving.com/food/sponge_toffee.php so whoever read my other comment that address is wrong!!!! the one i just named is the right one.rapala10 in Vanderhoof loved it