Maple - Ginger Apple PieFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 level cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour shopping list
- 1 level teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-vegetable shortening shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cold water mixed with 1 tablespoon white vinegar shopping list
- 3 cups peeled and roughly chopped "soft" apples (such as PaulaRed, MacIntosh or Red or Golden Delicious) shopping list
- 3 cups peeled and roughly chopped "firm" apples (such as Granny Smith, Northern Spy, Pink Lady, or Gravenstein) shopping list
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup shopping list
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp fresh grated ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place flours and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarsemeal.
- Slowly add acidulated water by the spoonful, mixing until a flaky dough forms.
- Divide dough in half and roll out one half, then line a lightly sprayed 9" pie tin with the dough.
- Combine apples, maple syrup, cinnamon and ginger in a large bowl, stirring well to coat everything.
- Pour apples into the pie crust. It will look like a freaking ton, but trust me it's worth it!
- Roll out other pastry half and top the apples, sealing the edges well.
- Dock crust with a fork 3-4 times for ventilation (you don't want all your hard work to explode in your oven!)
- Place pie on a baking sheet and slide into the preheated oven.
- Bake 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350F.
- Bake for 45 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Love it!! Will make for Thanksgiving-can't wait Thank you Lolcherihannah in Shickshinny loved it
On A Budget559 members
Sweet Tooth446 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Party Food316 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members