Sees Fudge Candy The Quote Original RecipeFrom henrie 7 years ago
How to make it
- Mix 4 1/2 cups sugar with one (1) can evaporated milk. Boil 7 to 8 minutes, stirring often. (rolling boil)
- Cream margarine and marshmallow cream together and add
- chocolate chips.
- Pour hot mixture over chocolate mixture.
- After chocolate has melted, add 2 cups of nuts and 1 tsp. of vanilla, blend well, pour into buttered pans and chill in refrigerator. Cut into squares before firm.
- This recipe makes about 5 lbs of fudge. No one has attempted a calorie count, but it's estimated that each piece contains about 47 gazillion calories. Dieters, beware!
- HISTORICAL NOTE: Given to Amy DeVore by Emma Julian
- c. 1930, this is "supposedly" the original recipe for
- See's Fudge, produced by the See's Candy Company, Los
- Angeles. Emma allegedly worked for See's and later
- owned her own candy store.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating5 people
I made this recipe about 4 times over the holidays (I always send fudge to relitives as a Christmas gift). I also took some to my work and my husband took some to his work. This is WONDERFUL FUDGE!!! Its not easy to get the ingredients all mixed full...morelauraleigh in Denver loved it
This is a great recipe... I have one almost like it too..... my sister in law always gives us 2 boxes of sees candy at Christmas time..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
I recognized the recipe, this is the one we always made at Christmas time.. and I have some See's chocolate chips in the freezer.. I couldn't find the recipe, now I have it.. thank you thank you!shirleyoma in Cove loved it