Apple and Spice Cake with CaramelFrom hayleesgrandma 8 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup applesauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1 (20-ounce) can light apple pie filling shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1/4 cup fat-free caramel-flavored sundae syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through salt) in a small bowl, and set aside. Combine the applesauce, oil, and vanilla in a bowl, and set aside. Place eggs in a large bowl, and beat at medium speed of a mixer until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add flour mixture and applesauce mixture alternately to egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat well after each addition. Fold in raisins and pie filling.
- Spoon cake batter into a 10-inch tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle syrup over top of cooled cake.