Chewy Oatmeal Raisin CookiesFrom starzsway 6 years ago
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups oats* shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional...my addition) shopping list
How to make it
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat in well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg (if using) and salt in seperate bowl.
- Blend well.
- Add flour blend to butter mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in oats* and raisins, mixing well again.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- *my notes....after trying this recipe, I would try to grind the whole oats, as the whole ones where a bit to chew, but overall flavor is great, fun to make with my niece*
- **another side note - watch cooking times carefully to maintain chewiness.**
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookstarzsway Houston, TX
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!