Lemon TartletsFrom tartelette 7 years ago
- For the tart shells: shopping list
- 1 stick plus 1 Tb. butter, cut in small pieces shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup almonds shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- For the lemon cream: shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- zest of 3 lemons shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 2 sticks butter, cut into 1 inch pieces, softened shopping list
How to make it
- For the tart shells:
- In a food processor, pulse all the dry ingredients. Add the butter and pulse again. Add the egg yolk and pulse until the mixture comes together in a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- Roll between sheets of plastic wrap and cut out circles larger than your tart shells, fit the dough into the molds and cut out the excess. Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Because the dough has a tendency to puff up, I take the shells out halfway through the baking process and pat the bottoms flat with the back of a spoon.
- For the lemon cream:
- Make a water bath by putting a saucepan of water over heat to simmer and placing a metal bowl over, without the bottom touching the water. Rub the sugar and lemon zest with your fingers and add to the metal bowl. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice.
- Cook the mixture over the water bath, whisking constantly until the cream reaches 180 degrees. It can take up to 10 minutes.
- Once the cream reaches 180 (your whisk will leave ribbon tracks in the cream),remove the cream off the heat and put it into a blender. Let the cream cool to 140.
- Add in the butter and process until perfectly smooth.
- Pour into a container, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Assemble the tarts by spooning the cream into the refrigerated tart shells, and decorate to your liking.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cooktartelette Charleston, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!