German Pfeffernusse CookiesFrom shirleyoma 8 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground cardamom shopping list
- 3/4 tsp double-acting baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp mace shopping list
- 3/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp finely ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground anise seeds shopping list
- 1 cup honey shopping list
- 3 Tbsp shortening shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- Confectioner's sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the dry ingredients. Heat the honey but do not boil. Add the shortening, then cool. Beat in the egg, then stir in dry ingredients just until blended. Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes to allow it to stiffen.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2-inch balls. Place the balls onto a greased cookie sheet (you may flatten them slightly if you wish). Bake for 12 to 13 minutes.
- Cool the cookies well. Place the cookies in an airtight bowl, cover tightly, and allow to ripen for about 2 weeks. Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- Jocooker2010 Nowhere, Us
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- mpa58 Waterloo, CA
- mickeymouse123 Rochester Hills, MI
- kimberlydawn Pauls Valley, OK
- maryelizlawson Columbus, GA
- bbqguy38 Lake Ozark, MO
- dragondrmz Sydney, AU
- catherinezag Walla Walla, WA
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookshirleyoma Cove, OR
The Rating2 people
greatest cookie to make love them thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it