Herbed SpaetzlesFrom notyourmomma 5 years ago
- 2 cups of all purpose sifted flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup of milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon of sage shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon of thyme shopping list
- 1/3 cup of dried bread crumbs shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Sift together flour, salt, and herbs. Add eggs and milk, mix well.
- Heat a large stock pot of water (salted) to boiling.
- Place mixture in a coarse sieved colander.
- Hold over boiling water and press batter through the colander.
- cook and stir for five minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread crumbs in the butter and toss with the spatzle. Eat while hot.