Ziti AL FornoFrom flavorsofitaly 9 years ago
- 1 lb ziti pasta shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- tomato gravy with meatballs (See my recipe for Sunday tomato gravy) shopping list
- 1cup freshly grated romano cheese or parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shopping list
- 1 cup ricotta cheese shopping list
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into small pieces shopping list
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top shopping list
How to make it
- Cook ziti according to package directions - do not overcook!
- Transfer cooked ziti to large bowl.
- Toss ziti with 3 cups of the tomato gravy and half of the grated Romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Spoon half of the ziti into a large casserole dish.
- Spread the ricotta over the top of the ziti
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella and rest of grated Romano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Pour on 1 more cup of tomato gravy.
- Top with remaining ziti and 1/2 cup of tomato gravy, and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 45 minutes, remove foil, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes, and serve.