Cherry BounceFrom mellian 8 years ago
How to make it
- Wash cherries and remove stems. Put cherries in a wide mouth 2-quart jar in layers with sugar and spices. Pour the whiskey over all. Let stand at
- room temperature, covered, for at least 2 months. The longer it stands,
- the better it tastes. Makes 2 quarts.
- Recipe provided by Mrs. Harvard Cox
- from Cherries Galore
- published by Macon Telegraph and News - 1984
- Mel's notes: wear an apron. The cherry juice does NOT come out of clothes.
- Made my first batch in August 2006. I let it stand for about 4 months before bottling. Needs some time in the bottle to "smooth" out. It will be delicious for Christmas 2007