Vegetable SamosasFrom amethyst0x 6 years ago
- Pastry: shopping list
- 3 Tbsp butter (or ghee) shopping list
- 1 C flour (all-purpose) shopping list
- 1/2 C Chick Pea flour shopping list
- 1/2 C plain yogurt shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 6 Cooked, diced potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 C green peas shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 1 tsp coriander shopping list
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 tsp garam masala shopping list
- 1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp turmeric shopping list
How to make it
- Rub butter into flours until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Gradually add yogurt and knead into smooth dough.
- Leave in cool place 20-25 mins.
- Chop onion and soften in remaining butter.
- Add all other filling ingredients and cook gently until mixture is a little dry.
- Let cool.
- Roll out dough very thinly and cut into 2" squares.
- Put 1-2 tbsp in centre of dough square and moisten edges with water.
- Fold into triangles.
- Deep fry until golden.
The Cookamethyst0x Perth, CA
The Rating4 people
This sounds great!ambus in Lahore loved it
I also love samosas and your recipe looks wonderful. I am very anxious to try it. Thank you.lor in Toronto loved it
Love samosas but never tried making the dough at home. Have to try now - Amna.atariq123 in Rochester Hills loved it