Butter Chicken Chicken MakhaniFrom pluto 7 years ago
- 1 kg whole chicken, cut in 12 peices. shopping list
- 100 gm butter shopping list
- 300 ml cream shopping list
- 3 cups tomato puree shopping list
- 2 tea spoons garam masala shopping list
- 2 tea spoons ground coriender shopping list
- 2 tea spoons chilli powder shopping list
- 2 cm ginger root shreded shopping list
- 2 tea spoons minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tea spoons green chilli paste shopping list
- 1 tea spoon salt shopping list
- 1 table spoon sugar shopping list
- 2 table spoons coriender leaves to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat half the butter in a frying pan and add giner, garlic and green chilli and stir for one minute.
- Add chicken peices and fry until brown from all sides. remove chicken and keep a side.
- Add the remaining butter and reheat.
- Add tomato puree, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, salt and sugar. Stir well.
- Add some water to make a thick gravy. Bring to boil on high and add the chicken peices back to the gravy and reduce the heat.
- Stir gently to coat all the chicken pieces with tomato gravy. Add the cream and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove and place a alarge bowl. Garnish with some cream on top and coriender leaves.
The Cookpluto Markham, Canada
The Rating10 people
I love butter chicken, and I have all kinds of recipes -- from complex, to simple and back again! I like this one because it's not too difficult but doesn't compromise on flavours. Thank you for the great post!kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
MADE THIS LAST WEEK...IT WAS AWESOMEveg in HAMILTON loved it
Made this a few days ago. VERY VERY good. Easy to make too. I love Indian food, but I'm usually intimidated from making it at home because of the the huge lists of ingredients. This was very manageable though, and didn't take very long to make. One...morebluehairedpete in Austin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!