Heavy on the Garlic HummusFrom mellian 6 years ago
- 2 (15 ounces) cans garbanzo beans, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup tahini paste shopping list
- 1/2 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 6 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 3 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- water, for thinning shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced parsley shopping list
- additional oil, for drizzling shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place all ingredients except oil and parsely in food processor.
- 2. Blend until smooth.
- 3. Slowly add 1/4 cup olive oil and continue processing until mixed well.
- 4. If mixture is too stiff add water a little at a time until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency (you don't want it runny).
- 5. Remove from processor and add parsley.
- 6. Chill for at least four hours.
- 7. Spread on plate in a thin layer.
- 8. Drizzle additional oil on top.
- 9. Sprinkle with paprika and served with pita bread.
- Posted by: Luby
- 8 servings
- 30 minutes prep
- Mel's notes: 8/26/06 - It is delicious! The original recipe called for 1/4 tsp cayenne and that was too much. Also, it needed more cumin, so I added another 1/2 tsp and another tsp of salt. I used some lemon slices and parsley for a garnish with the oil drizzled on top and it was beautiful as well as delicious.